Information about dōTERRA® Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Reliable resources to make aromatherapy work for you
Besides having a reliable source for essential oils, reliable information about the oils is an integral part of any aromatherapy work. Answers to questions like “How does aromatherapy work?” and “What’s the latest research on essential oils?”, properties of the oils, and so forth are very important.
However, the question of how aromatherapy works is too broad to deal with adequately on this website. In addition, the FDA severely restricts the information that can be presented here. And so, basic background information is about the best we can do here. And, hopefully, the information here will be able to fill out over time.
Aromatherapy information you’ll find on this website
Articles posted on this website will answer some of your basic questions:
Essential Oil Basics:
- What is aromatherapy, really?
- What are essential oils?
- Properties of essential oils that help to explain how aromatherapy works, including their:
- Harmonies, Melodies & Symphonies with Essential Oils: Creating music with the application of the oils
- What does therapeutic-grade mean? And, why is that important? (That is: Are Quality Oils Really Worth the Money?)
- What are Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade® (CPTG®) essential oils?
Quality Issues of Essential Oils:
- Why some essential oils are so cheap compared to others.
- The production methods used to make quality essential oils.
- The AFNOR standard for essential oils. Is it really all it’s cracked up to be?
- A Word from Dr. David Hill Concerning AFNOR/ISO: Setting the record straight on essential oil standards.
Aromatherapy down through the ages:
Using essential oils safely and effectively:
Here, we’ll take a look at some basics on ways to use essential oils and some safety guidelines and which oils are considered safe for consumption (GRAS), as well as what a session with the oils would look like.
There is also an article on direct inhalation, a simple and effective way to enjoy the many benefits of an essential oil’s fragrance.
Setting the record straight about dōTERRA®
David Stirling breaks his silence, setting the record straight concerning allegations made against dōTERRA.
It should be noted, concerning charges leveled against dōTERRA® by Young Living, and which were pursued in a lawsuit initiated by Young Living, that the judge dismissed the suit, stating that the charges were without foundation.
- Using Essential Oils: What a personal aromatherapy session looks like.
- How to Use Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils Safely and Effectively.
- Experimenting with Essential Oils: Testing what works for you in the evolution of unlocking aromatherapy’s potent potential.
- A quick look at the AromaTouch® Technique.
- GRAS: Oil safe for consumption.