About fennel (sweet) essential oil from dōTERRA®:
Foeniculum vulgare is a flowering plant species, in the celery family (Apiaceae or Umbelliferae). An upright, branching perennial, that can grow up to six feet in height, it has delicate, feathery leaves. It is typically grown in vegetable and herb gardens, for its licorice or anise-flavored seeds.
Used for centuries, for its many health benefits, the history of fennel dates back to ancient times, when Roman warriors were said to have consumed it, to make them strong and ready for battle.
Sweet fennel‘s oil is steam distilled from Foeniculum vulgare seeds, and yields an oil with a sweet, honey-like, yet spicy, aroma, with familiar licorice or anise notes. It is often used to relieve occasional indigestion and digestive troubles, and to support a healthy lymphatic system.
Primary benefits of sweet fennel oil
- Relieves occasional indigestion and digestive troubles
- Eases monthly menstrual cycles
- Supports a healthy lymphatic system
- Helps soothe teeth and gums
- Calms minor skin irritation
Uses for sweet fennel oil
- Rub fennel on your stomach, or on the bottom of your feet, to help ease menstrual or digestive discomfort.
- Add to desserts, for an additional depth of flavor.
- Add 1–2 drops to a glass of warm water or tea, to relieve occasional indigestion or digestive troubles.
How to use:
Sweet fennel oil is intended for aromatic, topical or internal use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.