About clove oil:
Clove oil is steam distilled from the aromatic flower buds the Eugenia caryophyllata tree, in the family Myrtaceae. It yields an oil with a very spicy, warm, woody aroma, with subnote of leather. This makes it excellent for use in cooking, in place of the dried spice. It adds a spicy flavor to any dish or dessert, while providing important internal health benefits.
One of clove oil’s principal constituents is eugenol, which can promote circulation and support cardiovascular health. But, due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling clove directly; and it should be diluted when applied to the skin.
Clove has been used for years in dental preparations, candy and gum, for its flavor and ability to promote oral health. Dentists frequently use it, to help soothe teeth and gums and promote oral health.
Clove also has powerful antioxidant, making it supportive of a health immune system.
Primary benefits of clove oil
- Powerful antioxidant properties
- Promotes circulation
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Helps soothe teeth and gums
- Promotes oral health
- Supports a healthy immune system
Uses for clove oil
- Add one drop to toothpaste, to promote oral health.
- Apply one drop, to soothe teeth or gums.
- Take in veggie capsules, to boost immunity during winter time.
How to use:
Clove oil can be used for aromatic, topical or dietary purposes. Dilution is required, in most instances.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, then apply to desired area. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Eugenol (up to 85%)
Other places you will find clove oil from dōTERRA®
Clove oil is a key ingredient in the On Guard® blend, and can be found in all of the On Guard® products. It can be purchased in a 15 mL bottle as part of the dōTERRA® Diamond Kit and the Emergency Preparedness Kit.