About cypress oil:
Cypress oil is steam distilled from the twigs and foliage of the Cupressus sempervirens, the tall evergreen tree, yielding an oil with a very pleasing, clean, fresh, woody, herbaceous aroma. The oil contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions, and to stimulate localized blood flow.
A versatile essential oil — one of the oils my family turns to most often — cypress is popularly used to assist clear breathing. It can be diffused or inhaled directly, to promote healthy respiratory function.
Cypress is frequently used in spas, and by massage therapists, for its ability to soothe tight, tense muscles and promote localized blood flow. It also has a grounding, yet stimulating and uplifting effect on the emotions, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
Primary benefits of cypress oil
- Assists with clear breathing
- Promotes healthy respiratory function
- Soothes tight, tense muscles
- Supports localized blood flow
- Beneficial for oily skin conditions
Uses for cypress oil
- Diffuse, inhale or rub on the chest, with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, to promote healthy respiratory function.
- Apply to tight, tense muscles, or use with a carrier oil for massage, to support localized blood flow and soothe the muscles.
- Add one to two drops to toner, to help reduce oily skin conditions.
- Mix together cypress and grapefruit oils, with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, and rub on problem areas, to help give skin a more youthful appearance.
How to use:
Cypress oil is intended for aromatic or topical use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Other places to find cypress oil from dōTERRA®
Cypress oil comes in a 15 mL bottle as part of the dōTERRA® Diamond Kit, and is included in the AromaTouch® blend.
α-pinene (> 55%)
dōTERRA® is the registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.