About Eucalyptus radiata oil:
Though generally thought of as originating in Australia, E. radiata is also native to Africa and the southern United States. Of the different variants of eucalyptus, the radiata variety is generally preferred for aromatherapy, given its gentler qualities.
Eucalyptus trees are tall, evergreen trees, that grow up to 50 feet in height, and are sometimes referred to as gum trees. Eucalyptus oil is steam distilled from the leaves of this tree, yielding an oil high in the chemical compounds eucalyptol (1,8 cineole) and α-terpineol, making it an ideal oil to assist with clear breathing and support overall respiratory health, and to soothe tired, sore muscles.
More about eucalyptus oil
Because of the many influential compounds found in eucalyptus, it is widely used to assist with clear breathing, to support overall respiratory health and support healthy immune system function.
Eucalyptus also has purifying and cleansing properties that can be beneficial for cleansing surfaces and the air. It can also be found in mouth rinses, to freshen breath and promote oral health.
Studies have shown that eucalyptus is also effective in helping to lessen stress and supporting a healthy immune system function.
Primary benefits of eucalyptus oil
- Assists with clear breathing
- Supports overall respiratory health
- Soothes tired, sore muscles
- Purifies and cleanses
- Helps to lessen stress
- Promotes oral health
- Supports healthy immune system function
Uses for eucalyptus oil:
- Combine with lemon and peppermint oils, in a spray bottle, for an effective cleaning spray.
- Mix with a carrier oil and rub on chest, to assist with clear breathing.
- While showering, place a few drops in the hands, place over nose and inhale deeply, to assist with clear breathing and to help lessen stress.
- Dilute and used in massage, to soothe tired, sore muscles and help to lessen stress.
- Apply to the bottoms of the feet, to support healthy immune system function.
How to use:
Eucalyptus oil is intended for aromatic or topical use. While gentle enough to use neat, for most people, those with sensitive skin will want to dilute it.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops, in the diffuser of your choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While eucalyptus oil is gentle enough for most people to use neat, dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil is recommended for those with sensitive skin, and may be helpful for others, as well, to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
→ Monoterpene oxide:
1,8 Cineole [Eucalyptol] (62-72%)
→ Alcohols (<19%):
dōTERRA® is the registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.