About sandalwood (Santalum album & Santalum paniculatum) oils:
Sandalwood oils are steam distilled from the wood of the trees; Indian sandalwood from the Santalum album tree and Hawaiian sandalwood from the Santalum paniculatum tree. Both sources yield an oil with a sweet, woody aroma; but the Indian sandalwood has a drier scent, while the Hawaiian sandalwood has a richer, honey secent. The oil for both is rich in the chemical compound α-santalol.
Both of these sandalwood oils share many beneficial properties. Both are very beneficial to the skin, promoting healthy, smooth skin and reducing the appearance of scars and blemishes. Both have powerful grounding and uplifting properties, which enhance mood and promote emotional well-being. And, they both help to reduce stress and tension.
dōTERRA® introduced Hawaiian sandalwood in 2012, because a quality Indian sandalwood had become hard to find. Securing a reliable supply, from a renewable source in Hawaii, of quality sandalwood, means that we can enjoy the many benefits of this fine oil for years to come.
Primary benefits of sandalwood oils
- Promotes healthy, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of scars and blemishes
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used for its grounding and uplifting properties
- Helps reduce stress and tension, and promotes emotional well-being
Uses for sandalwood oils
- Diffuse, or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime, to reduce stress and tension, for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream, for healthy, smooth skin.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply 1–2 drops of sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath, to reduce tension and stress, and promote a sense of emotional well-being.
- Inhale sandalwood directly from palms, or diffuse, to reduce stress and tension, enhance mood and promote feeling of emotional well-being.
How to use:
Sandalwood oils are intended for aromatic, topical or dietary use. They are gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
→ Sesquiterpene Alcohols:
α- & β-santalols (<80%)
α- & β-santalenes (<11%)
→ Sesquiterpene Aldehydes:
dōTERRA® is the registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.