About cilantro essential oil from dōTERRA®:
The health and wellness supportive properties and culinary uses of cilantro have been documented for centuries.
- Cilantro contains antioxidants, known for their powerful support for wellness.
- Cilantro promotes healthy digestion.
- Cilantro acts as a powerful cleanser and detoxifier for the body’s systems.
- Applied topically, cilantro is very soothing to the skin.
- Cilantro adds a fresh, herbal aroma to any essential oil blend when diffused.
- Cilantro‘s culinary uses are endless, adding a flavorful twist to meats, salads, dips and guacamole.
Cilantro oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the Coriandrum sativum plant, yielding an essential oil with a fresh, herbal, sweet, pungent aroma.
Primary benefits of cilantro oil
- Rich in antioxidants
- Aids digestion
- Powerful cleanser and detoxifier
- Soothing to the skin
- Gives food a fresh and tasty flavor
Uses for cilantro oil
- Take daily, during a body cleansing regimen.
- Add to stir fries, salads and dips, to experience cilantro’s distinct flavor and internal health benefits.
- Diffuse, with citrus essential oils, for a fresh, herbal aroma.
- Apply one to two drops to minor skin irritations.
How to use:
Cilantro oil is intended for aromatic, topical or dietary use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
→ : Aldehydes (40-50%)
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.