About cedarwood essential oil from dōTERRA®:
Cedarwood essential oil is steam distilled from the wood of the Juniperus virginiana tree. It yields an oil that herbaceous and camphoraceous. Known for its rich hue and warm, woody, balsamic scent, cedarwood essential oil has been known to provide a myriad of health benefits, dating back to biblical times.
The Juniperus virginiana tree is native to cold climates, thriving in high altitudes. It grows to a height of up to 100 feet.
- Reminiscent of its size and strength, cedarwood oil has a grounding aroma that evokes feelings of wellness and vitality.
- Diffusing or inhaling cedarwood will help maintain healthy breathing and respiratory function.
- When applied topically, cedarwood promotes clear, healthy skin.
- Cedarwood is frequently used in massage therapy, to relax and soothe the mind and body.
Primary benefits of cedarwood oil
- Supports and maintains healthy respiratory function
- Evokes feelings of wellness and vitality
- Promotes clear, healthy skin
- Relaxing and soothing aroma, is perfect for massage therapy
Uses for cedarwood oil
- Diffuse, after a stressful day, to relax the mind and body.
- Use with a carrier oil in massage therapy.
- Add 1–2 drops to facial toner or moisturizer, for added clarifying properties.
- Inhale directly, or diffuse, to promote healthy respiratory function.
How to use:
Cedarwood oil is intended for aromatic or topical use. Dilution may not be required, but is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil is recommended, to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
α- & β-cedrenes (up to 36%)
cedrol (up to 15%)