About cinnamon oil:
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) has a long history of use. It was well-know by the time of the Jewish exodus from Egypt, and was included in the holy annointing oil. A luxury of kings, it is also mentioned in the Song of Solomon. It has been produced in Sri Lanka for over 2,000 years. Cinnamon was so popular, it was the main reason behind the occupation of Ceylon, first by the Portuguese, then the Dutch and then the British.
Cinnamon oil is steam distilled from the bark of the Cinnamomum zeylanicum tree, yielding an oil with a spicy, woody aroma, with a sweet, biting note. Cinnamomum zeylanicum is a tropical, evergreen tree that grows up to 45 feet high, and has highly fragrant bark, leaves and flowers.
Due to its high content of cinnamaldehyde, cinnamon oil should be diluted with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, when applied to the skin; and only one to two drops are needed for internal benefits.
Primary benefits of cinnamon oil
- Promotes circulation, both internally and when applied to the skin
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Promotes oral health, and is frequently used in mouth rinses and gums, for its oral health benefits.
- Helps alleviate sore muscles and joints
- Long used as a natural food flavor, and has a long history of culinary uses, adding spice to desserts, entrees and hot drinks. Not to mention toothpicks …
- Long used for its internal health benefits
Uses for cinnamon oil
- Put 2 drops in empty veggie capsule, for immune support.
- Place 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea, and drink slowly, for its internal health benefits.
- Place one drop on your toothbrush, then add toothpaste, to promote oral health.
- Dilute with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, then apply to sore muscles and joints.
How to use:
Cinnamon oil can be used for aromatic, topical or dietary purposes. Dilution required.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil, then apply to desired area. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Cinnamon oil is an important ingredient in the On Guard® blend.
Other places you can find cinnamon oil from dōTERRA®
dōTERRA‘s cinnamon oil can be purchased in a 5 mL bottle, as part of the dōTERRA® Diamond Kit. It can also be found in the dōTERRA® blend of On Guard®, and all of the On Guard® products, as well as in the Whisper and Slim & Sassy® blends.
dōTERRA® is the registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.