About Roman chamomile oil from dōTERRA®:
The Anthemis nobilis plant grows close to the ground, reaching only up to a foot in height. It has gray-green leaves, flowers that resemble a daisy and smells like apple. The plant has been nicknamed the “plant’s physician”, because it has positive effects on plants growing nearby. Ancient Romans used the chamomile for mental clarity and courage during war.
The oil is steam distilled from the flowers of the small, white, daisy-like flower of the Anthemis nobilis plant, yielding an oil with a floral, sweet, herbaceous aroma, high in the chemical compounds of isobutyl angelate and isoamyl angelate.
The most versatile of the chamomiles, Roman chamomile oil is most commonly used in teas; but it can also be found in face creams, drinks, hair dyes, shampoos and perfumes.
With a therapeutic, calming effect on all types of skin, Roman chamomile oil is used extensively in Europe, in skin preparations for young and old alike. Its calming effect on both the mind and body makes it especially valuable for restless children.
Primary benefits of Roman chamomile oil
- Has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind and body
- Soothes the systems of the body
- Supports healthy immune system function
Uses for Roman chamomile oil
- Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas or hot drinks, to help calm the body and mind.
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet, at bedtime, to soothe body systems and prepare them for a restful night’s sleep.
- Apply to the bottoms of the feet, to support healthy immune system function.
How to use:
Roman chamomile oil is intended for aromatic, topical and internal use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Top Roman Chamomile Tips from the dōTERRA® Blog:
- It’s my favorite in a hot bath at the end of the day! — Kelli Merritt
- We have added it to our lavender night spray. Not only does it smell amazing with the lavender, my kids get the added benefits of chamomile. — Revellie Pope
- I love the way the Roman chamomile helps make my skin soft. I use a couple of drops in my bath. Very calming and soothing. — Karen Merritt
- I have a recipe called “Angel’s Breath” Roman chamomile, blended with lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang and sandalwood. Diffuse it, dilute it for room spray or wear it as a perfume. This is an amazing oil! — Melit Cash
Chemo-type: Isobutyl Angelate
→ Esters (up to 75%):
isobutyl angelate (up to 25%)
dōTERRA® is the registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.