About patchouli oil from dōTERRA®:
The Pogostemon cablin plant is a bushy herb from the mint family, with stems that reach two or three feet in height, bearing small, pink-white flowers.
In Eastern cultures, patchouli is commonly used around the house, to provide general support for health, and to help release negative emotions, so that problems can be kept in proportion.
Patchouli oil is sometimes called “the scent of the 60s”, because of its popularity as an incense.
Patchouli oil is steam distilled from the leaves and stems of the Pogostemon cablin plant, yielding an oil with a distinctive herbaceous, camphoraceous, musky, earthy aroma, high in the chemical compounds of patchouli alcohol and terpenes.
Patchouli‘s musky, earthy aroma is quite exotic, with sensual properties. It’s very beneficial for the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars and stretch marks, soothing minor skin irritations and helping the skin to recover quickly. It promotes a smooth, glowing complexion. It’s also helpful with head and neck tension.
Patchouli is regularly used in the perfume industry, as well as in scented products, such as laundry detergents and air fresheners.
Primary benefits of patchouli oil
- Grounding, balancing effect on emotions
- Helps skin recover quickly
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, scars and stretch marks
- Promotes a smooth, glowing complexion
- Helps with head and neck tension
Uses for patchouli oil
- Combine with peppermint and apply to the forehead, temples or back of the neck, to help with head and neck tension.
- Apply one to two drops, to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars or problem skin areas, or add to your favorite moisturizer.
- Combine with vetiver, and apply to the bottoms of feet, to promote grounding and balance emotions.
How to use:
Patchouli oil is intended for aromatic, topical or internal use. It is gentle enough to use neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA‘s fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
dōTERRA® is the registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.